The purpose of a checkout process is gathering customer shipping and billing address information, and allowing a customer to choose a shipping and payment method. The checkout process always ends on creating an order. There are different methods of implementing the checkout process. The articles in this section describe the single-page and step-by-step checkout implementation. Also, an example of a custom checkout implementation is demonstrated.
The single-page and one-step checkout implementations are demonstrated in our Demo Store. You can find links to different checkout implementations on this page: http://demo.lemonstandapp.com/basic/checkout_start/
- AJAX-driven single-page checkout - explains how to implement a single-page AJAX-driven checkout process.
- Creating the Billing Information partial - explains how to create a partial for gathering customer billing information.
- Creating the Shipping Information partial - explains how to create a partial for gathering customer shipping information.
- Creating the Shipping Method partial - explains how to create a partial for selecting a shipping method.
- Creating the Payment Method partial - explains how to create a partial for a selected payment option.
- Creating the Order Review partial - explains how to create a partial for reviewing an order content.
- Skipping the Shipping Method step for downloadable products or services - explains how to configure LemonStand in such a way that the Shipping Method step is automatically skipped for downloadable or service-type products.
- Allowing customers to enter order notes - explains how to create a text field for entering customer order notes during the checkout process.
- Implementing the Step-By-Step Checkout - explains how to implement a checkout process with one page per one checkout step.
- Custom checkout scenario - the One-Step Checkout - explains how to create a one-step checkout, where the customer does not need to enter the most part of the usual checkout information.